The Climate, Community & Biodiversity Alliance is pleased to announce the release of the Third Edition of the Climate, Community & Biodiversity (CCB) Standards and accompanying Rules for the Use of the CCB Standards following a yearlong participatory and inclusive revision process.
The new Third Edition
- showcases smallholder- and community-led projects with equitable benefit sharing
- enables the use of programmatic approaches to allow expansion to new project areas
- clarifies the requirements for stakeholder engagement including free, prior and informed consent
- promotes gender equality and empowerment
- simplifies the requirements for demonstrating net positive climate benefits and facilitates combination with a carbon accounting standard, and
- strengthens the Gold Level requirements for projects that generate exceptional benefits for climate change adaptation, for communities and for biodiversity.
The Climate, Community & Biodiversity (CCB) Standards provide comprehensive and objective criteria to identify and promote land management projects that effectively address social and environmental risks and deliver significant benefits for the climate, for local communities and for biodiversity. They have become the most widely used multiple benefit standard for carbon projects since their launch in 2005.
The new Third Edition and accompanying Rules for the Use of the CCB Standards have been developed over twelve months through a participatory and inclusive process including two 60-day public comment periods and the support of a CCB Standards Committee representing a balance of people potentially affected by the standards or with relevant expert knowledge. We would like to thank all the people who participated in the revision process, providing valuable feedback, input and support.
The new CCB Standards Third Edition and Rules are available for download at www.climate-standards.org. They are currently available in English and will be available in other languages in 2014.
See the Press Release.
See the Launch PowerPoint presentation.